- Other then milk and meat never buy an item without a coupon unless it's a great sale.
- Stick to a list.
- Never shop hungry.
- Look through Sundays grocery adds online or in the paper, figure out what is on sale then google the company/products site and facebook for a coupon.
- Sign up for grocery flyers to go directly to your email, some will come early to your account as a member before they hit their site.
- Find your local bakery or grocery store and buy day old bread. I can consistently find 50 and 25 cent hot dog buns and loaves at my local store.
- Stock up when something is really cheap or even better free. Find those dollar items that have 50 cent coupons that can be doubled and fill your shelves. Bonus fill the shelves of your local food pantry.